Let us be your guide on some of Tasmania’s great short walks and show you some of our island’s hidden treasures
Adventure Trails Tasmania offers personalised small group guided walking holidays to explore Southern Tasmania’s iconic wilderness areas along with some of its hidden treasures.
Adventure Trails Tasmania will take you up close and personal to Tasmania’s wilderness and introduce you to its innovative producers and creative people.
We will take you to places that the tour busses do not stop, places that your friends probably won’t have heard of, offering unique and personal experiences and memories.
Benefits of touring with Adventure Trails Tasmania
- Comfortable private small-group tours for 1-8 people
- Our local knowledge and contacts give us access to some amazing people and places that are not always open to the public
- Stay in comfort at your choice of accommodation in the Hobart area
- Each day we will pick you up around 7am for a full-day adventure around Southern Tasmania, including a bushwalk, picnic hamper lunch of amazing local produce and a chance to experience some amazing aspect of Tasmanian culture, food and drink during the afternoon
- Relax, enjoy yourself and let us do the driving
- Return to your accommodation between 5.30-6.30pm (depending on destination of the day)
- Enjoy Hobart’s restaurants, bars and nightlife each evening
- Avoid the crowds –our small private group size and flexible itineraries mean we can take you to the places that the big tour busses do not visit, or we can time our visits to avoid the crowds
- If you book our full four-day tour, Hobart airport transfers are included, plus our special reusable water bottle is yours to keep.
Create your own adventure
Our signature offering is our four-day Wilderness and Whisky Walks tour which is great value; we can also offer itineraries over three days, two days and even one day tours (subject to scheduling availability). We also offer our one-day Huon Valley Farmgate Trail and Bruny Island Discovery day and overnight tours and a range of additional services, including bushwalker and mountain bike transfers.
Tours and services
Enjoy two distinctively Tasmanian adventures, exploring the landscape on some of Tasmania’s best short walks and hiking trails before tastings and behind-the-scenes access at Tasmania’s finest distilleries and wineries.
Spend a day visiting passionate producers behind some of the best food and beverages in Tasmania, tasting their wares.
Gourmet picnic lunches
Picnic hamper lunches featuring amazing fresh Tasmanian produce are included in our tours. If you prefer we can arrange a booking at a local restaurant or café.
We can provide transfers and other additional services around Southern Tasmania for active adventurers, bushwalkers, hikers, climbers and mountain bike riders.
Imagine yourself here…
Let Adventure Trails Tasmania guide you on some of Tasmania’s great short walks, followed by visits to some of our finest distilleries on our Whisky and Wilderness Walks multi-day tour
Mount Wellington/kunanyi – Explore mountain hiking trails and the summit with stunning views over Hobart and Southern Tasmania. After lunch, it is back to Hobart to explore some inner-city distilleries such as Lark and Captain Blighs.
Mount Field National Park – We will visit some of Tasmania’s most beautiful waterfalls in the Derwent Valley followed by visits to Derwent Distillery, Killara Distillery, Shene Distillery or Derwent Estate vineyard
Bruny Island – We will take you to the special places where the tour busses do not stop, explore one of the many walking trails before lunch, then explore more of the secret spots of this special island. Fluted Cape Walk, Hiba private gardens for picnic lunch followed by a tasting of Houndstooth whisky, pausing on the way home for a platter of fresh Bruny oysters and other delicious local treats.
Tasman Peninsula – There is much more to this area than Port Arthur, and we will guide you on an its iconic coastal walk to Shipsterns Bluff or Cape Raoul, then after lunch visit some of the regions amazing distilleries and vineyards, such as the McHenry, Nonesuch, Hellfire Bluff or Impression Bay Distilleries and , Cape Bernier and Bream Creek Vineyards.
Huon Valley – After a four-hour walk to admire the view from Hartz Peak in the Tasmanian World Heritage Wilderness Area we will enjoy a picnic lunch before visiting some of the regions boutique fine beverage producers such as Port Cygnet Distillery, Huntington Distillery, Willie Smiths (cider) or Home Hill Winery.
What our customers say about us
…I loved the little things that made a huge difference; things like Ben buying us all fresh apples on route to Kettering to kick start our taste buds…TripAdvisor