Explore Tasmania with us
Adventure Trails Tasmania is your Customised Short Stay Tour Specialist
Here at Adventure Trails Tasmania, we believe in taking the time to savour our island’s riches. We specialise in creating journeys built on a deep understanding of Tasmania, from its profound undercurrents of history to its bright cultural scene and pristine natural environment.
Adventure Trails Tasmania is a local, family-run business, grown from many years’ experience. And with a friendly welcome, itinerary briefing, expert guiding and transfers to and from your accommodation, you can be sure you’re in safe hands.
We have put together a range of journeys. Our day trips can be combined to create a 2-to-4-day itinerary.
If you have special interests (such as food, wine, history, family heritage, flora or fauna) requirements, we would be delighted to work with you to create a customised experience.
Benefits of touring with Adventure Trails Tasmania
- Private small-group tours for 1-10 people
- Stay in comfort at your choice of accommodation in the Hobart area
- Each day we will pick you up around 7am for a full-day adventure around Southern Tasmania, including a bushwalk, picnic hamper lunch of amazing local produce and a chance to experience some amazing aspect of Tasmanian culture, food and drink during the afternoon.
- Relax, enjoy yourself and let us do the driving
- Return to your accommodation between 5.30-6.30pm (depending on destination of the day)
- Enjoy Hobart’s restaurants, bars and nightlife each evening.
- Avoid the crowds – some of Tasmania’s popular attractions can be crowded at times. Our small private group size and flexible itineraries mean we can take you to the places that the big tour busses do not visit, or we can time our visits to avoid the crowds.
- If you book the full four-day tour, Hobart airport transfers are included, plus our special reusable water bottle is yours to keep.
Your guide, Ben Andrews
Hi, I’m Ben Andrews, lead guide at Adventure Trails Tasmania. I am an experienced professional guide with a long history of introducing Tasmania to international and interstate visitors. I’m a fourth generation Tasmanian and a second generation Bruny Islander.
My passion for sharing the very best of where I live comes from a well travelled global awareness, a respect for community and deep love of the environments. I have a young family and believe that ensuring they have a future in which to thrive requires us to respect Tasmania, its people past and present, their legacies, cultural values and contributions.Ben Andrews, Adventure Trails Tasmania
Adventure Trails Tamania is a Tourism and Eco Accredited Business
Adventure Tours Tasmania is fully licensed and eco-accredited tourism business. We adhere to the strictest standards of quality service and safety and maintain Australian Tourism Accreditation.
The Adventure Trails Tasmania tour vehicle is a 2014 dual cab Toyota Hilux that offers a comfortable ride for up to three passengers, combining comfortable highway travel with the capacity to get off the main roads easily and safely and into places that you’d never be able to get to in a hire car.
The vehicle is fully air conditioned, has USB and Bluetooth connectivity, and carries an esky stocked with cool fresh water. It also carries a fully stocked first aid kit, rug and picnic gear and there is plenty of room for the goodies and produce we will inevitably pick up along the way, as well as for your luggage, mountain bikes or camping and hiking gear.
This 4WD vehicle allows us to adventure off the sealed roads and explore some of Tasmania’s spectacular backcountry. This means that the seats are higher off the ground than regular vehicles, so it can be difficult to get in and out for passengers with mobility issues.
When you explore Tasmania with us, you are supporting our community
Adventure Trails Tasmania donate 5% of our profits to support our local public primary school at Snug in Southern Tasmania. We are supporting the wellbeing of students and the local community who might not otherwise be able to experience outdoor recreational activities.