On our Farm Gate Trail day tour of the Huon Valley, we will visit passionate people behind some of the best food and beverages in Tasmania, tasting their produce. We will also visit craftspeople and artisans to see them working and with the opportunity to purchase their wares.
The D’Entrecasteaux Channel and Huon Valley is home to hundreds of small, diverse farms. The quality and variety of produce in the region have led to some calling it the food bowl of the nation; apples, cherries, stone fruits and grapes all flourish.
For lunch, we will enjoy a picnic hamper filled with fresh local produce and enjoying it at a local picnic spot.
Tastings are included in the cost of this adventure (except at Willie Smiths).
Depending on the season and timing of your visit, we will assemble an itinerary that explores the best of what the Huon and Channel have to offer, from among these and other producers.
Just some of the farms and venues we have access to, by appointment:
- Food producers – cheese, fruit, smallgoods
- Boutique beverages – cider, wine, spirits
- Craft and design – woodcraft, artisanal fabrics, ceramics
Huon Valley Farm Gate Trail – Features
- Type: Single day tour
- Structure: Private small group tour
- Highlights: Meet the passionate producers and local artists and craftspeople
- Transfers: pickup and drop off at your Hobart area accommodation
- Length: approximately 9 hours (8.30am-5.30-6pm) with pickup and drop off at your Hobart area accommodation
- Price: $255.00 per person
- Minimum booking: 2 people
Please contact us for small group rates for up to eight guests and other itinerary lengths and options.
- Gourmet picnic lunch
- Local guide
- Private transport including pickup and drop-off at your accommodation
- Bottled water