Discover an Island off an Island at your pace with our Bruny Island Overnight Tour. Create memories of Bruny with an active bushwalk, native nature trail or just relax amongst the local history and spectacular landscape.
Accommodation is not included, but we can recommend excellent local options to suit a range of tastes and budgets.
Bruny Island Overnight Tour Itinerary
This is our suggested itinerary, but it is your holiday, and we have plenty of local knowledge and flexibility to modify the schedule for you. We can accommodate any specific interests or needs you might have – please contact us to discuss how we can personalise your trip and make it memorable for you.
- We pick you up from your Hobart accommodation at 7am.
- Heading south out of town we pass Kingston, home of the Antarctic division, also surprising glimpses of the D’Entrecasteaux channel towards the north end of Bruny Island and Storm Bay. Passing a couple of small towns with their own history, we understand the region’s past and present industry.
- At Kettering, the ferry will take us across the channel to begin our Bruny Island Discovery.
- Once on Bruny we head south past oyster farms, grazing properties, and coastal scenery. We will share some of the history of this special place while we take in views of its beaches and keep our eyes open for the white wallaby.
- We will stop at ‘The Neck’ for the view from the lookout.
- Fluted Cape at Adventure Bay is one of Tasmania’s Great Short Walks at around three hours, and when you see the views across Storm Bay and out into the Tasman Sea, you will understand why.
- After enjoying our gourmet picnic lunch, we will drive south to the Cape Bruny Lighthouse for a guided tour and more stunning views.
- Then, after checking into your chosen accommodation with time to freshen up and relax, we will head to the renowned dining room of the Hotel Bruny at Alonnah for dinner before returning you to your accommodation for a well-earned night’s rest.
- After enjoying your tasty breakfast hamper and packing your bags, we will collect you from your accommodation on Bruny and start the day with a short stroll out to Cloudy Bay, an isolated surf beach directly facing the Southern Ocean.
- The Inala Jurassic Garden and Nature Reserve is a world-renowned as a private sanctuary for native birds and wildlife as well as it the endemic botanical species. We will explore its Gondwanan Jurassic Garden and its collection of amazing fossils, gemstones and shells in the nature museum.
- Our suggestion for lunch, if it is open, is the family-owned Bruny Island Premium Winery, where tastings and wines by the glass or bottle can be enjoyed with a delicious vineyard lunch.
- We return to Adventure Bay to visit the stunning private garden at Hiba and sample Bruny Island Chocolate fudge tasting. There is also time for an optional tasting of Houndstooth Whisky, distilled here on the island.
- Then we will head back north with a visit to the Get Shucked oyster farm and pick up a dozen to share, plucked straight from the sea before returning to the ferry terminal.
- Once off the Ferry we head back to Hobart with a drop off at your accommodation.
Bruny Island Overnight Tour Features
- Type: Overnight tour
- Structure: Private small group tour
- Highlights: Discover an Island off an Island at your pace
- Transfers: Pickup and drop off at your Hobart accommodation and on Bruny Island
- Price: Adult $1250 / couple, Children over 5 years $125.00 each, Children under 5 years travel free (when accompanied by at least two adults) Child seat and booster seat provided
- Minimum booking: two adults
Please contact us for small group rates for up to eight guests and other itinerary lengths and options.
- Transport, including pickup and drop off at Hobart area accommodation and on Bruny Island
- Ferry transfers
- Day one picnic lunch
- Trail snacks, bottled water
- Entry fees for National Park, Hiba private garden, Cape Bruny Lighthouse and Inala Jurassic Garden and Nature Reserve
- Dinner at Hotel Bruny (food only, drinks at own cost)
- Breakfast picnic hamper
- Lunch at Bruny Island Premium Wines (food only, drinks at own cost) or Gourmet Picnic
- One dozen oysters (alternative snacks available for anyone who does not eat oysters)
Accommodation is not included in our package – however we are proud to recommend the following.
43 Degrees Bruny Island
Situated in Adventure Bay on Bruny Island, 43 Degrees Bruny Island offers Boutique Environmental Accommodation for those looking for exceptional experience whilst maintaining a focus on being environmentally conscious.
This home has a lodge style feel & is styled with guest comfort in mind. It is suited to a couple who wants a large amount of private space, or perfect for families or large groups travelling together, with even room to park the boat!