Let us take you off the beaten path on our Bruny Island Discovery Day Tour to discover Bruny’s lifestyle, walking trails and local artisans. Slow down, understand where you are and adopt the island pace of life.
Bruny Island Discovery Day Tour Itinerary
- 7:00am pick up from your accommodation in the Hobart area
- Head south along the old coastal road, gather fresh fruit along the way
- Arrive at Kettering to catch the ferry, for a 15-minute ferry ride across the D’Entrecasteaux channel. Dock on the North end of Bruny Island at Roberts Point and head south.
- Take in the view from the Neck reserve lookout and penguin colony
- Enjoy a three-hour, 6km bushwalk to either Fluted Cape or Mars Bluff (depending on weather)
- We enjoy a gourmet picnic hamper.
- After lunch we have the choice of a tour of the Cape Bruny Lighthouse, built in 1834 to guide vessels around the most southern tip of Bruny Island, OR visiting the Inala Nature Reserve and Gondwanan Jurassic Garden to discover Bruny’s native flora & fauna, birds, fossils, gemstones and shells in the nature museum.
- On the way back to the ferry, we will pause for a platter of fresh Get Shucked Bruny oysters (alternative snacks available for anyone who does not eat oysters).
- Type: Day tour – 9 hours
- Structure: Private small group tour
- Highlights: Stunning scenery, short walk and amazing history
- Length: approximately 9 hours (8.30am-5.30-6pm)
- Transfers: pickup and drop off at your Hobart area accommodation
- Price: Adult $275.00 / person, Children over 5 years $55.00 each, Children under 5 years travel free (when accompanied by at least two adults) Child seat and booster seat provided
- Minimum booking: two adults
- Please contact us for small group rates for up to eight guests and other itinerary lengths and options.
- • Transport, including pickup and drop off at Hobart area accommodation
- • Ferry transfers
- • Guide
- • Gourmet picnic lunch
- • One dozen oysters per person (alternative snacks available for anyone who does not eat oysters)
- • Trail snacks, bottled water
- • Entry fees for South Bruny National Park and either Cape Bruny Lighthouse or Inala Jurassic Garden and Nature Reserve